A few weeks ago my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award. This was very unexpected good news, so the initial reaction was a definite “I will participate”. When I finally found the time to start answering eleven questions (please read the award guidelines provided below), it turned into a “maybe I should leave this…” (well, you wouldn’t think that it could be hard to answer some questions, would you?).
Anyway, in the end I decided that I should give you an opportunity to find out a bit more about me and… that it would really bad manners not to thank someone who likes reading my blog. So if you are ready…
I’d like to thank Inside a Mind for nominating me for this award. Thank you for your kindness, please give my best regards to London! (I do hope you own five dogs one day. By the way, if you decide to adopt them from an animal shelter, you’ll get a chance to experience that warm feeling you get saving one’s life.)
Now the formal bit.
LIEBSTER AWARD GUIDELINES:
Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
Display the award on your blog.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 blogs you love with less than 1000 followers for the award and create a list of 11 questions for them to answer.
Here comes the fun bit.
11 Questions from Inside a Mind
1. If you could travel back in time for a day, what date/era would you choose? I’d travel to the 19th century Paris. I’d love to see the impressionists, so I’d choose 1874 April, when they held the inaugural exhibition of the Société Anonyme Coopérative des Artistes Peintres, Sculpteurs, Graveurs, founded by Monet, Renoir, Pissarro, Sisley, Cézanne, Berthe Morisot, Edgar Degas.
2. After a hard day, what is your routine to relax? I love reading, so if I come across a good book, that’s the best way to forget all the worries and escape into a different world.
3. What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago? I’d say – be braver. Also – make sure you believe in yourself, as nothing is impossible if you try hard enough.
4. What inspirations do you get for your blog? Inspiration seems to wait for me everywhere I go. It can be something I see on the street, something I read about on the net, something I find in my garden… Anything that interests me sooner or later will end up on my blog.
5. Who do you consider as a role model? Not sure I have one… I guess anyone, who could teach me something new, could become my role model, if only for one minute.
6. What is one of your favourite things about yourself? This one is a “hmm…” one. It would be easier to tell you about the things that I don’t like about myself. Well, one of the good things would be that if I listen to someone, I listen. Yeah, I suppose I like that I’m a good listener.
7. What was the last song you listened to?
Carl Espen’s Silent Storm. Make sure you find it on Youtube, it’s brilliant. Ah, I think I’ll do it for you, as it’s a song that deserves to be heard, simply click here
8. Is there one accomplishment you are particularly proud of? I guess I should be proud of receiving my MA in Clinical Psychology, yet I’m not, as it’s not my path. I believe that my biggest victories are still ahead of me.
9. Is there a painting, by any artist, you admire/love/feel drawn to? There are quite a few, but I’ve been always fascinated by the Arnolfini Portrait by Jan van Eyck.
10. What is your fondest blog post you have ever written?
It’s one of the first blog posts I published, an interview with my friend – Jovita’s Architectural Sketches. I love her sketches and other artwork, so it was fun to find out more about the whole process of creating them. If you’re interested, you can it read it here
11. What are you scared of? I’m scared of flying.
— — —
Random Facts about me:
1. I don’t like talking about myself.
2. I was born on the same day as my granddad.
3. I adopted a black dog last February.
4. I wouldn’t last a day without a cup of coffee.
5. I am a proud owner of a red guitar called Scarlet.
6. I’m scared of taking photos of people on the streets.
7. If I ever get married I will choose peonies for my wedding bouquet.
8. I collect vintage porcelain dog sculptures.
9. I am addicted to lifestyle and interior design magazines.
10. The best Christmas present ever was a tiny card that had just one sentence in it.
11. I try to end every day reading in bed.
— — —
— — —
Here are my 11 Questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What visual art form do you like the most and why?
3. What is your favourite season of the year?
4. What is the most interesting museum you have ever been to?
5. What is the most inspiring book you have ever read?
6. Who is your favourite blogger, and why?
7. What is your motto?
8. The best advice you could give to your friend?
9. Who is your favourite contemporary artist?
10. How many languages can you speak?
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Phew. Done. Now looking forward to seeing some action from the nominees!