The Times We Had in Talinn
I have some good news this Friday – I have chosen the winner of Annie Sloan’s new book Room Recipes for Style and Colour (Thank You, Cico Books!).
I used random number generator to determine the luckiest person this week and the winner is… Melissa Ann Roberge, who is very fond of Traditional Swedish style. Congratulations! I hope you will enjoy this book as much as I did (please e-mail me you address – firstname.lastname@example.org).
— — —
Meanwhile… I thought I’d share some of my favourite photographs from my trip to Talinn (the capital of Estonia). I went there last September; I bet it’s much colder there now…
Have you hear of Estonia?
Here are a few random facts about this small country on the Baltic coast:
– Estonia was the first country in the world to use online political voting.
– Estonia is the least religious country in the world with only 14% of the population claiming any religious beliefs.
– Estonia has a population of 1.3 million and is one of the most sparsely populated countries in Europe.
– Estonia has the highest number of meteorite craters per land area in the world.
– Out of the nearly 200 countries in the world, Estonia ranks in the second place with its literacy rate of 99.8%.
If you’ve read this, now it’s time to see what their capital looks like.